If you’ve visited Willamette Valley Cancer Institute’s facility on Country Club Road in Eugene recently, you’ve likely noticed construction underway. We are renovating our building and expanding it by 8,000 square feet, with the goal of providing even better patient care.
Currently, crews are working on the south and west sides of the building, with the project scheduled to be complete in May 2017. When finished, our RiverBend facility in Springfield will close and all of our patient care will happen at one location.
What are the benefits?
We are excited to have all our clinical staff under one roof. It will allow us to deliver the quality of care our patients deserve, including:
- More efficient patient flow throughout the building, improving your care experience.
- A more efficient chemo area with a lighter, brighter design and more chairs available than both facilities, combined.
- Research physicians and staff will be under one roof, allowing patients easier access to all clinical trials.
- A larger lab on the first floor, enabling us to do more tests in less time with faster results.
- An expanded pharmacy admixture area that meets USP 797 requirements.
- New exam and procedure rooms for radiation patients.
- Expanded parking.
- Improved aesthetics throughout the building.
The construction is being completed in phases, and while it will cause minor disruptions, we look forward to the improvements.
Thank you for your patience during construction. Watch for updates on the expansion, here, on our blog.