A WVCI patient navigator serves as a guide, helping patients anticipate, address and overcome any challenges that may arise during the cancer treatment process, as well as coordinate services to improve the quality of care you’ll receive. Patient navigator services are available on a case-by-case basis, dependent on several factors. All services provided by patient navigators are free.
With the help of a navigator, patients are:
- Guided through the treatment process
- Assisted in filling out insurance paperwork or finding transportation to medical appointments
- Helped to identify local resources
- Given ideas about communicating effectively with health care professionals
- Encouraged and emotionally supported
It’s important to note that our patient navigator cannot:
- Provide physical assessments, diagnoses or treatments
- Order care, treatments or medications
- Attend to or become involved in any direct patient care (change dressings, provide direct financial assistance, pick up patients for appointments)
- Provide physical, occupational or speech therapy
- Offer opinions about any aspect of health care delivered within our organization or others
- Provide recommendations or opinions about physicians or health care organizations
Patient navigators are available during office hours by calling WVCI’s main phone number, 541-683-5001. Read more about our patient navigator, Andrea Wolf.
*At any time, the potential patient can choose to opt out of guidance from a patient navigator.