Some changes are happening at Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center.
This summer, we will begin expanding our Country Club Road facility in Eugene by 8,000 square feet, with the goal of providing even better patient care. Once the expansion is complete, our RiverBend facility in Springfield will close. The expansion and consolidation will be completed in 2016. Until then, we will continue to see patients at both locations.
Combining our facilities will create a sustainable model for how we will grow in the future. There are many advantages to having all clinical staff under one roof. Most importantly, it will allow us to deliver the quality of care our patients deserve.
What are the benefits?
- More efficient patient flow throughout the building, improving your care experience.
- A more efficient chemo area with more chairs available than both facilities, combined. Plus a lighter, brighter design.
- Research physicians and staff will be together, allowing patients easier access to all clinical trials.
- A larger lab on the first floor, enabling us to do more tests in less time for faster results.
- An expanded pharmacy admixture area that meets USP 797 requirements.
- New exam and procedure rooms for radiation patients.
- Expanded parking with 75 additional spaces.
- Improved aesthetics throughout the building.
Construction at our Country Club facility, including the parking lot expansion, will begin in August 2015 and be completed in phases. Major work will happen during off-hours to reduce noise and activity. We expect construction to be complete by November 2016. Thank you for your patience as we make these improvements.
Watch for updates here on our blog.