Insurance and payments
At WVCI we have several payment options. Although we contract with a variety of managed health care plans and insurance companies, we want to be sensitive to all our patients. We have financial counselors available to work through individual financial situations.
Communicate with your carrier
Contact your insurance provider to inform them of your diagnosis and to learn more about your coverage.
Questions to ask your insurance company:
• Is preapproval needed for hospital admissions, diagnostic tests or scans? If so, what's the procedure?
• What rules or guidelines are there for getting a second opinion?
• What is the procedure for filing claims?
• What deductibles, if any, are required before insurance begins paying claims, including those for prescriptions and lab work?
• Does my policy have limits on what is paid for surgery, chemotherapy or radiation therapy?
• Does my policy cover new treatments or participation in clinical trials? If so, are there any limits or limitations?